Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
Technical Support Specialist (Remote) Americas Business Hours
- Managing yourself, making effective decisions, and communicating clearly with and collaborating well with colleagues
- Following and improving upon processes, care about the details, and love creating excellent documentation
- Communicating well and seeking to understand—both in text and verbally
- Learning new things quickly and often—and not being afraid to ask for help
- Building websites or creating content in them
Extra awesome if…
- You’ve built or worked with MODX CMS websites
- You have a familiarity with HTML, CSS, JS (bonus for PHP and MySQL)
- You are super comfortable using SSH and working from a shell/command line on servers
- You use the phrase “creative freedom” in your application letter
- You’ve tinkered with Ubuntu and nginx and know what HA means
- You can write and speak Dutch, German, or Russian
What You’ll Do
- Helping our customers get the most out of MODX Cloud and enjoy using our service
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer requests in Zendesk
- Collaborate internally using Slack and Basecamp
- Get things done from home without getting distracted
- Help us improve our self-help and internal customer support tools and documentation
- Activating features on customer accounts
- Migrating customer sites from external web hosts into MODX Cloud
- Migrating customer websites between our data center locations
- Troubleshooting issues with MODX, WordPress, and the occasional Laravel site
- Creating or updating internal and customer-facing documentation
- Coordinate or participate in the occasional incident responses—it’s servers and the internet after all!
- Participate in on-call schedules for after-hours escalations, though we do have a follow-the-sun support model
What You’ll Need
- Native-like English fluency, both written and spoken. You need to be able to read and listen to requests in English and be able to discuss and take written and verbal feedback from colleagues. It doesn’t need to be your first language but a close second or third.
- Reliable, high-speed internet access, a reasonably modern computer, and reliable electrical infrastructure.
How We Work
Why Join Us (Compensation & Benefits)
- The impact of supporting customers using a product that customers from all over the world love, and being part of the reason why it continues to grow
- Unlimited paid time off and vacation as long as your work gets done
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for you and your family (US)
- Free MODX Cloud hosting service for you, your family, and extra-close friends
- Paid travel to MODX Community events and conferences
- Funding support to improve your home office, upgrade your computer, buy software, pick up a generator and UPS, or for a co-working space membership
- Expert BBQ lessons from a lifelong Texan/foodie aficionado
How to Apply
- Why do you want to work at MODX as opposed to somewhere else?
- Describe a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
- Tell us about a time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project and how you learned it.
- Include a link to your favorite restaurant website.
- Does MODX Cloud offer non-profit or educational discounts?
- Can I get a download of my website?
- Do you support two-factor authentication (2FA) for signing in?
- How do I get my website into MODX Cloud?
- How do I install WordPress for a blog in MODX Cloud?
- Does MODX Cloud support email inboxes?
What Happens Next
D'autres postes #support
Administrative & Business Support Officer F/H
Dans le cadre de notre croissance et dans un enjeu d’amélioration continue et de sécurisation de nos données, le pôle fonctionnement et business recherche un.e administrative & business support offic…
- A partir de 35 k€ brut annuel
- Paris 10 - 75
DBA Support PostgreSQL F/H
Dans le cadre d’une création de poste, nous recherchons un ou une DBA PostgreSQL. Ta mission au sein de l'équipe de support et d'administration à distance sera de gérer les tickets émis par les util…
- A partir de 30 k€ brut annuel
- Papeete - 98
Technical Support Analyst Senior F/H
Vous contribuez à la construction et à la direction de votre équipe support, et assurez le support pour les différentes parties prenantes du groupe en collaboration constante avec chacune des équipes…
- 50 - 60 k€ brut annuel
- Paris 01 - 75
Développeur.se Node.JS – support médical - Lille - /D F/H
## Missions * Vous développerez les solutions visuelles front-end. * Vous assurerez l’implémentation et la correction de nouvelles features au niveau du back et du front. * Vous participerez à l’a…
- 40 - 45 k€ brut annuel
- Lille - 59