Carry1st is the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa. We work with studios across the globe - from Addis Ababa to Sofia to New York City - to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition to our full-stack publishing service, we’ve built a proprietary payments and ecommerce experience which allows customers to pay for digital content, even when they don’t have a credit card.
As a Senior Platform Operations Specialist you’ll work across Payment, Digital Content, and Compliance, responsible for supporting the development of Carry1st’s Platform to drive growth and monetization of our digital content. The Platform includes Pay1st, our payments gateway that enables local payment methods (and crypto!) for users across Africa , and a browser-based, gamified shop. The Platform not only serves the games we publish, but also partners like Tinder, Uber, Roblox, et.
In this role, you will bridge the gap between, Product, Operations, and Customer Support, using analytics to assess product performance, determine new features and requirements, and deliver innovative recommendations to Executives and internal stakeholders. You’ll work closely with our Head of Payments, Product Managers, Engineers, Customer Support teams, and other verticals within the organization.
- Support new ways to exchange money with payments partners, store payment details on our platform, and reduce operational/maintenance overhead while delivering seamless, secure, and reliable payments experiences to our customers
- Support ways to increase auth rate optimization opportunities by monitoring and reporting on daily/weekly payment metrics
- Support launches of new payment options, digital content partners and partner onboarding to integrate their services effectively and securely within our platform
- Work across the business and external departments to address payment operations, risk, and technical issues
- Work closely with Customer Support and Product teams to reduce customer friction, payment declines, digital content supply in our store
- Work closely with our Risk Management team to identify suspicious user behavior and transactions
- Maintain a payment acceptance ratio of 85% across all geo's and payment methods
- Maintain all new and existing Pay1st merchants on our Staging and Live environment
- Perform testing to replicate and resolve queries from Pay1st Merchants in Accreditation, Test, Production
- Perform testing to replicate and resolve queries on all Distribution and Payment Gateway partners within Pay1st platform
- Ensure that confluence is updated with all changes regarding Technical Support, Account Configurations and general information
- Ensure the business is operationally aligned with the requirements put forth by the regulatory body as well as applicable laws with respect to Payment regulations
- To evaluate, implement and administer customer support processes, procedures, policies and training
What makes you a great candidate?
- +5 years in a product management role launching new payment methods or partner integrations within the greater payments ecosystem consisting of payment gateways, PSPs, payment networks, merchant service providers, issuers, and acquirers, within the African market space
- +3 years of experience understanding of bill payments, digital content VAS products within the African market space
- +5 years of experience understanding 3rd party Fraud, Risk and Compliance systems.
- Platform product management experience, building products that can be leveraged by a variety of business customers
- Strong understanding of economic, legal, regulatory, and technical factors shaping payments services.
- An affinity for systems thinking and continuous improvement that will allow good reporting and understanding of problems.
- Exceptional collaborative and troubleshooting/deductive skills including the ability to engage in operational incidents with emerging data to assess impact and drive collaborative resolution in a swift manner.
- Ability to prioritize critical work and manage expectations, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth orientated environment
- Ability to understand how the business operates and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by the operational Finance team
- Strong research, critical thinking, problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Experience working with B2B and B2C technology, FinTech, and/or payment services business is considered advantageous
What will we offer you?
- Ability to inform product strategy on high stakes, industry-changing products
- Nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- Equity ownership
- A remote first environment that allows you to work from anywhere in the world
Some additional perks you’ll get access to…
- Co-working excursions and retreats: Our teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance
- Awesome equipment: To set our teammates up for success we make sure you’ve got everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: $600 a year that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or using a co-working space
- Birthday leave: Our teammates enjoy a paid day off on their special day
- Learning and development: Access to a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Although we’ve specified a location that could work well for this role, it’s not essential to be based there. Carry1st is a remote first company – in fact, we currently have people in over 19 different countries. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
D'autres postes #senior
Développeur Sénior Java (H/F)
Vous intégrez une Squad pluridisciplinaire au sein d'une équipe de 60
personnes qui a pour but le développement, la livraison et la maintenance
d'un progiciel dans le domaine de l'aéronautique.…
- Annuel de 42000,00 Euros à 52000,00 Euros sur 12 mois
- 25 - BESANCON
Développeur sénior Java F/H (H/F)
Pourquoi rejoindre Zonova ?
Un chiffre d'affaires de plus de Une croissance de plus de STOOOOP !!
Si on vous parlait plutôt d'avantages pour vous et non pas pour gonfler notre petit é…
- Annuel de 42000,00 Euros à 52000,00 Euros sur 12 mois
- 67 - STRASBOURG
Développeur Senior Java (back-end) H/F
Omniciel, cabinet de recrutement spécialisé en IT-numérique, recherche en exclusivité un.e développeur Senior Java/Angular pour son client, éditeur de logiciel spécialisé dans la satisfaction des cli…
- Annuel de 55000,00 Euros à 60000,00 Euros sur 12 mois
- 84 - AVIGNON
Développeur Front-End Sénior F/H
Steeple est une scale-up en hyper croissance ayant pour volonté de révolutionner la vie au travail dans les entreprises avec un outil de communication interne Phygital. Notre mission est de fédérer …
- 40 - 50 k€ brut annuel
- Rennes - 35