Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain.com’s development team is building technologies that are revolutionizing the financial services industry by empowering millions across the globe to authenticate and transact immediately and without costly intermediaries.
This Engineering Manager role will own the entire data pipeline starting with how we ingest financial data from both our retail and institutional business product lines, transforming that information into actionable insights, and ultimately designing the interfaces and APIs that our Finance team can utilize to make actionable business decisions.
Throughout the process, our Engineering Manager will partner with finance professionals and data scientists to design systems that solve our most critical problems and answer the most challenging questions in crypto.
What you will Do:
- Develop solutions that enable Finance professionals to efficiently extract insights from data. This includes owning the ingestion (data warehouse), transformations (Spark, SQL, Kafka, Python/Java), and interface (API, schema design, events).
- Responsible for building from scratch a 3 layer Financial Data Hub that pulls International Data, Consumer Data and Corporate Data through an API and ETL process.
- Responsible for architecting the Financial Data Hub/Data Warehouse while driving architecture and project direction while working with cross functional international teams.
- Develop a unified schema that allows financial reporting, insights into key metrics that ultimately defines a set of standards for our business from a finance perspective.
- Build tools and automation capabilities for data pipelines that improve the efficiency, quality and resiliency of our financial data platform.
- Drive the evolution of our data strategy by challenging the status quo and identifying opportunities to enhance our financial data platform.
What you will need:
- 5-7+ years experience working with large financial data sets in order to accurately model and analyze complex systems such as a publicly traded company, FX, commodity market, economy, or financial instruments.
- Strong interest in crypto markets and a desire to work directly with Data Science/Finance professionals.
- 3-5+ years work experience and/or proficiency with one or more programming languages such as JVM or Python in addition to Java and Kotlin.
- Proficiency with RDBMS, NoSQL, distributed compute platforms such as Spark, Dask or Hadoop.
- 3-5+ years experience with any of the following systems: Scala, Kotlin, Kafka, Docker or Oracle.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to lead large scale complex projects working with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Resume and/or CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github or Stackoverflow.
- Personal websites or blogs (if applicable).
- Your favourite GIF.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
D'autres postes #manager
Futur Responsable d'Agence - Vente Complexe - Digital & Data - Basé à Lyon F/H
Êtes-vous prêt pour un nouveau défi ? Devenez le prochain ambassadeur de nos solutions sur-mesure, vendues au forfait, et accompagnez les entreprises dans leurs grands défis stratégiques et digitaux…
- 70 - 90 k€ brut annuel
- Lyon 01 - 69
Key Account Manager – Saas - France et Italie F/H
Prenez les rênes de deux marchés phares : la France et l’Italie. Sur ces secteurs à fort potentiel, vous serez l’interlocuteur privilégié des grands comptes et vous gérerez les projets de A à Z, en m…
- 130 - 150 k€ brut annuel
- Nice - 06
Product Manager F/H
Dans un contexte international et au sein d’une équipe d’une dizaine de collaborateurs, vous assurez le développement des produits dans le secteur de la FinTech. Vos missions principales seront de :…
- 48 - 60 k€ brut annuel
- Lyon 01 - 69
Responsable technique et développements Microsoft Dynamics NAV BC F/H
Talents IT cabinet de recrutement national spécialisé dans les métiers de l'IT et du Digital proche de ses clients et candidats est résolument tourné vers l'humain. Notre équipe soudée et toujours de…
- A partir de 60 k€ brut annuel
- Dardilly - 69