👋 A little about us
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard suited for modern work and collaboration.
GitBook is now used by over 2M users and thousands of teams such as DeliveryHero, Netflix, Decathlon, or Celonis. With close to 25,000 sign-ups per month and 10% revenue growth month-over-month, we're looking to expand our Data team to actively contribute to our success.
Who uses GitBook?
Some cool data applications use us to power their public documentation: Census, Castor, OpenMetadata and many more! (Snyk) We also have great organisations using us to build their internal knowledge base: Netflix, Decathlon or Adobe.
🤔 Why are we opening this position ?
You will be joining Rémi, our Head of Data, to spread insights across the company. As a product-led company with high growth, we strongly believe that data should be involved in any decision process: from product to sales.
On the team philosophy, we want to get people interested in working on any part of the data journey: data engineering, data analytics and data science. It doesn't mean being an expert in all three fields but we believe that any data folks should aim to understand and cover most of the scope.
🙌 What will you be doing?
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- collaborate with stakeholders (Go-To-Market and Product) to define KPIs and success metrics to maximize Company and Team level performance
- discover and explain trends across data sources, potential opportunities for growth or improvement
- being a top contributor to our data warehouse using Dbt and BigQuery
- being able to perform advanced product analysis using Amplitude
- design and develop comprehensive dashboards to provide self-serve analytics solutions to different stakeholders across the business
- create trainings and documentation to ensure adoption of our data solutions and recommendations
- shaping the dynamics and processes of the Data team, including our onboarding, hiring, and team goals
- having a full understanding of the data stack
🛠 What tooling environment will you be working on ?
DBT, BigQuery, Tableau, Amplitude, Segment, Airflow, Cloud Functions, Zapier, Python, Stitch, GitHub
Main 3rd party system:
Hubspot, Stripe, Firestore
You will be valued for:
- your curiosity and passion in the data field that pushed to work on any data pillars
- your ability to get insights from product analytics data
- your ability to jump into any GitBook members shoes to understand their needs
- your ability to build and improve our data warehouse models using Dbt
- your determination to make data the heart of GitBook success (evangelist part)
- your ability to successfully collaborate on cross-team work in a remote and async environment
- bonus: your knowledge of the B2B SaaS industry allowing you to quickly understand our challenge
✨ What's next?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision. We know that your time is valuable so we work to move the process along quickly and keep it casual. We're not believers in "gotcha" questions or checking for skills you'll never actually use at GitBook.Here's what our process will look like:
- Meeting with Rémi, our Head of Data (60 min) to look for healthy alignment
- Technical exercise (60-90 min) to deep dive on your technical skills
- Meet the Founder call (45 min) with Samy, co-founder
- Meet the team (60 min) with a team member to confirm that you will thrive in our culture and answer any question about what it's like working here
👥 Join GitBook
You will be joining during a pivotal moment for GitBook. We've enjoyed great success since we were founded, and now we're taking conscious steps to take our company to the next level. That means you will have the opportunity to build, positively impact the trajectory of the company and enjoy the benefits of helping grow our company 20x. Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our company values:
- 🚀 Ambition (Aim higher)
- ✊ Ownership (Take control and Own it)
- 📈 Accountability (Be accountable to results)
- 🙋♀️ Care (Give a sh*t)
- 🏃♂️ Train (Grow yourself)
- 🤝 Genuine (Say it and accept it)
- 👯♂️ Team player (Leverage the team)
- 🏗 Architect (Plan & Build)