Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London – UK, London – Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are looking for a driven and talented Product Manager to play a key part in realising our ambitions for full lifecycle API management on Cloud infrastructure.
Working in a well established product area, you will work closely with the Senior Product Manager for Cloud, and the Head of Cloud Platform to distil the overall Cloud strategy into something meaningful and deliverable for your particular Cloud component - in this case the Cloud console and deployment area of the product.
We want a Product Manager who has a real eye for quality - backlog organisation, Scrum processes, clarity of user stories, acceptance criteria, sprint planning - the ability to prioritise and balance many competing demands is essential.
We'd give you a large amount of autonomy to shape your product area and its value proposition in the direction you think delivers our overall Cloud strategy best.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Challenging and helping to shape the product vision for your area with the Senior Product Manager, being able to distil the vision into sprint based shippable outcomes, and represent these on a delivery roadmap
- Apply design thinking principles to understand and challenge every idea that funnels into your area - ensure we understand customer motivations
- Ensure great quality of user story definition from product teams into delivery squads - great detail, acceptance criteria, clarity, and coach on great ticket quality
- Be able to create and own a go to market plan for you proposition - creating a clear value proposition, educating commercial teams on how to sell, organising technical education of our consulting and support teams, assisting Marketing with go to market communication
- Drive the quality agenda along your delivery track in conjunction with the technical lead. Identify failures, use retros to drive improvements, ensure our quality standards are adhered to (definition of done for example)
- Assist the Scrum Master in assembling delivery metrics for your product area
- Consult across the business and with customers on problems, issues, pain points, and opportunities and ensure we action the most valuable
- Be a key part of the scrum process - leading planning and grooming sessions to keep our sprints focused, achievable, and with shippable value
- Work with the Scrum Master to ensure you are on time with the release plans, escalate blockers, raise risks and issues
- Have a keen eye on the commercial performance and user satisfaction of your product set, and use this data to suggest improvement and changes of course to the product strategy
- Be prepared to sit on marketing focused webinars for new capabilities and assist our Demand Generation team in generating product take up
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid scrum experience with a certification ideally, and experience working with a Scrum Master
- Experience with either creating or shaping a product vision (not owning necessarily)
- Be conversant with product prioritization methods , especially RICE
- Working knowledge of quality criteria within Scrum - definition of done, acceptance criteria
- Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement across product and delivery tooling / process
- A highly inquisitive and curious mind, coupled with a deep understanding of the customer motivations
- Technical experience of APIM, Cloud, cloud native technologies, FaaS, iPaaS infrastructure as a service, infrastructure as code
- An outgoing personality, happy to make productive relationships across Tyk, and with customers
- A data driven mindset where you can measure and prove product performance or value propositions
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io
D'autres postes #manager
Futur Responsable d'Agence - Vente Complexe - Digital & Data - Basé à Lyon F/H
Êtes-vous prêt pour un nouveau défi ? Devenez le prochain ambassadeur de nos solutions sur-mesure, vendues au forfait, et accompagnez les entreprises dans leurs grands défis stratégiques et digitaux…
- 70 - 90 k€ brut annuel
- Lyon 01 - 69
Key Account Manager – Saas - France et Italie F/H
Prenez les rênes de deux marchés phares : la France et l’Italie. Sur ces secteurs à fort potentiel, vous serez l’interlocuteur privilégié des grands comptes et vous gérerez les projets de A à Z, en m…
- 130 - 150 k€ brut annuel
- Nice - 06
Product Manager F/H
Dans un contexte international et au sein d’une équipe d’une dizaine de collaborateurs, vous assurez le développement des produits dans le secteur de la FinTech. Vos missions principales seront de :…
- 48 - 60 k€ brut annuel
- Lyon 01 - 69
Responsable technique et développements Microsoft Dynamics NAV BC F/H
Talents IT cabinet de recrutement national spécialisé dans les métiers de l'IT et du Digital proche de ses clients et candidats est résolument tourné vers l'humain. Notre équipe soudée et toujours de…
- A partir de 60 k€ brut annuel
- Dardilly - 69