Who we are
We are a link building & digital PR agency, and have a team of around 35+ remote contractors or “full time freelancers”. We Have junior team members who do most of the core day-to-day work, 2 senior team members involved in quality control and content, and there is myself and a project manager doing most of the operations management of the team.
We have been making large changes to the way we recruit, interview and manage the team in the past 12 months.
- We brought in an HR consultant who specialized in "Topgrading" - they helped us implement these changes and since then we have seen massive improvements in the way the business approaches recruitment.
- We have a system in place whereby people can apply for a job and they are automatically placed into a "funnel" and we put them through a few tests to help us assess how suitable they are for our job.
- We also have created an employee handbook which lays out the ground rules and expectations when joining the company.
- The company is growing steadily, from 35+ members with the aim to expand further.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced all-round HR person, who can continue the momentum and support the management and the company, on an ongoing basis.
As a HR person you will be overseeing the complete HR operations including, end to end recruitment process, employee engagement, payroll process and other HR functions.
Salary will be equivalent to $700 - $850 per month. Candidates with strong experience will be considered for the higher end of that.
Your responsibility starts from getting the details of open positions, preparing the job description, identifying the efficient job portals and platforms, post job, monitor and vet applications, schedule interviews with qualified applicants.
You will also be coordinating with the selected candidates, handling the onboarding and ensuring their joining formalities.
Helping new joinees to understand company processes, setting business expectations, values, and systems that we use. Ensuring they have all the tools and applications installed on the day of joining and using it as it should be.
Maintaining employee records up to date and keeping it readily available anytime. Updating all company applications and records with employee details.
Conducting feedback surveys, keeping track of employee timelines, scheduling meetings with them for performance feedback, doing performance appraisals, conducting employee engagement activities, retaining employees and handling all the other associated employee related HR functions.
You will also be in touch with all freelance employees of the company regularly to ensure employee grievances are addressed and brought up to management regularly and, as and when it arises.
Handling the payroll process completely from receiving invoices, verifying and sending it for processing.
Handling other areas of HR operations effectively and in a timely manner.
Identifying the AoIs of the HR department and discussing with the management to improve the HR operations. Bringing in new and effective ideas to the table to enhance the business and HR operations.
These are some of the core job responsibilities and it is not limited only to these.
- Fluent in English, and able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- A formal qualification in Human Resources
- You must have at least 3 years experience working in a professional capacity as a HR
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable making decisions independently, but also seeking advice when needed.
- Good knowledge of applicant tracking and HRIS systems (We use HR Partner currently)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suites
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
- Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues
- Must be able to work a full time position, of 40 hours per week. Within the working hours of 9am - 6pm UTC.
- Proactive and take initiatives without reminders
- Skilled in handling international teams with different cultural and regional backgrounds