⚡️ Your mission
At Birdie, our infrastructure is the foundation for all products across the company. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to be part of the team designing, managing, and maintaining our infrastructure. This role will report into our Head of Platform.
🦸♀️ How you will contribute
- Help to maintain and scale a resilient architecture to store & exchange data with multiple providers in the healthcare industry;
- Ensure the platform is secure by design as it contains highly sensitive medical and personal data of vulnerable people;
- Work with developers and QA teams to optimise our deployment, monitoring and debugging processes;
- Define and evangelize SRE best practices to improve reliability and performance;
- Enable application engineers to analyse the performance of our code in production and re-architect for bottlenecks, using automated monitoring tools where appropriate;
- Implement, maintain, and scale our continuous integration and delivery pipeline;
- Document your design choices; produce enough documentation so that someone else can maintain and improve your codebase;
- Drive improvement across Birdie, collaborating where appropriate to continuously improve the products and services we offer;
- On-call management and facilitate emergency / incident responses;
- Automate everything!
🤩 We’d love to hear from you if you
- Have experience in deploying and managing distributed and/or event based applications;
- Have a solid experience with orchestration and containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker);
- Have experience in deploying or maintaining tooling supporting high observability of the platform;
- Have a solid experience with AWS;
- Have a drive to automate away problems and provide quality of life tooling;
- Are able to identify problems before they happen, dig deep for root causes, and implement solutions that prevent future occurrences;
- Are someone who gets things done and is willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take responsibility; Able to work efficiently with little supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation and accountability;
- Are a pragmatic problem-solver who is curious, loves learning new things and can mentor or coach others;
- Get excited and are interested in latest technologies and keep yourself informed;
- Are someone who can manage complexity and ambiguity but focus on the right outcome and back up your decision clearly;
- Are someone who is inspired by, and seeks to embody our values;
- Are someone who wants to learn, wants to improve and wants to grow in your chosen career;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- (BONUS) Have experience in Typescript
- (BONUS) Have experience working on SaaS product covering multiple end applications (mobile & web)
- (BONUS) Able to forge strong bonds with key stakeholders and speak at different levels of technical understanding
- If you read up to here, please mention it in your email, we love rigorous people at Birdie ;)
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
🙌 What are the benefits?
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team's happiness, wellbeing and growth:
Our salary packages are competitive, this role is (£51k – £75k) - dependent on experience. We also generous grant stock options to any permanent employee at the end of the probation period. We do adjust salaries based on the cost of living index for employees based outside of the UK.
We are a fully distributed team with Birdie's working across the globe. We organise bi-yearly in-person events and frequent online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to the office, you're most welcome of course!
🌱 L&D budget
Growth is key. You'll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
🌴 Base holiday
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off
👩⚕️ Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs
☀️ Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
👼🏽 Parental Leave
Highly favourable parental leave policy; once you have spent 12 consecutive months on our payroll, primary caregivers qualify for 26 weeks parental leave at full pay and secondary caregivers qualify for 12 weeks at full pay.
👵🏻 Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes 4% of your salary to your pension.
⛷ Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
🤗 Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.
D'autres postes #devops
Ingénieur DevOPS F/H
À ton arrivée, nous te présenterons le projet et l’équipe technique que tu rejoindras chez notre client du domaine aérien. Au sein du centre de Compétences Automatisation et Livraison Continue de la…
- 40 - 55 k€ brut annuel
- Paray-Vieille-Poste - 91
CTO - DevOps F/H
Notre équipe Tech recherche son nouveau CTO (H/F) ! Le (ou la) CTO qui rejoindra notre aventure aura pour mission de manager l’équipe tout en menant à bien différents projets techniques assurant l…
- 60 - 70 k€ brut annuel
- Paris 17 - 75
📢 Architecte Technique DevOps F/H
Amoureux de la tech ❤️, si vous cherchez un CDI en région toulousaine, vous avez frappé à la bonne porte ! Nous proposons dès à présent une opportunité d' Architecte Technique DevOps (H/F) 👨💻 P…
- A partir de 42 k€ brut annuel
- Toulouse - 31
Notre client, spécialisé dans les solutions de stockage d’énergie pour les applications industrielles , situé dans les Hauts De France , recherche dans le cadre d’une création de poste, un DevOps H/F…
- A partir de 45 k€ brut annuel
- Lille - 59